Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Cost of Graduation...


Graduating with a Bachelor Degree of Science in Dietetics "from K-State" cost me:

-          5 years (10 semesters + two summer sessions). I never had to retake any classes...

-          40 classes = 125 credits

-          Participating in 306 class discussions

-          Attending 16 live chats 

-          Completing more than 680 assignments!

-          Completing one art portfolio (for my art class, which I took during my first semester of my Freshman year)

-          13 BIG projects

-          10 counseling projects for my Counseling strategies class

-          11 clinical nutrition case studies

-          150 hours of work experience [I got to do my hours in two hospitals here in Saudi Arabia (one in Jeddah and the other in my hometown, Taif) and in a regional hospital in my home country, Tunisia

-          I AM: Servesafe certified = Certified Food Protection Manager, First Aid & CPR certified and Certified HACCP Manager  
  
-          Looong nights AND LOTS of MONEY! Thanks Mom And Dad!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mariem, I loved the way you computed the "cost" of getting a bachelor degree. You must have had a file for every class! However, I think you forgot to include your internship in Taif hospital; that was way more than 150 hours and certainly you worked hard during that time.
    Alia

    ReplyDelete