Sunday, May 29, 2011


I had two graduation parties so far - one for close family members, and another, in which we invited neighbors and friends. Both were crazy and went very well...I got LOTS of gifts, and screamed a lot, till I got a soar throat. I took lots of pictures, but will not upload any in here for the privacy of the people in those pictures. I'm just uploading pictures of the two cakes. The chocolate cake was the one we had in the "family" party. Sorry - these were the best pictures I found. Both cakes were made by "Queen's Taste" Bakery - The best in Taif. BTW, our neighbors own this bakery.


Isn't this one a piece of work?!...Good job Queen's Taste!

P.S. It's expected that I have another - a third - party in Tunisia for the large crowd (my maternal and paternal family/relatives). We'll see if we can squeeze in sometime for that during our "already squeezed" one month vacation...

Special Thanks!

Special thanks to my dear and wonderful parents, Mom and Dad, whom attending and graduating from college would have been impossible without them.


Special thanks to my dear and wonderful mother, who has home schooled all four of us - my siblings and I (me from fourth grade, my younger sister from first grade; my other two siblings never attended schools)...Mom, you certainly remember how - after you decided to get me out of school and home school me - I used to cry for long times, because I miss going to school and seeing my friends everyday; and how I used to whine and complain that "I have no life;" yet, you always tried to look for ways by which I can make new and "good" friends...You tried your best to let us enjoy our childhood and have fun - not just study...I really gave you a hard time, especially when I got to high school; these were tough times for me, and you were very patient. It's surprising how you've never thought of just throwing back into school, and just let me mind my own business?! I'm sure you were just thinking long term...Thanks Mom...Your hard work has payed off - You just have no idea how I'm really happy for you!...Here is your first Graduate - the rest are on their way. You should be a proud mother today. Mom, don't ever regret homeschooling your kids. Definitely, it was worth it...You deserve the respect of everyone! I just wish that EVERY mother would follow her footsteps!  No matter how much I write about you, its always not enough, mom...MOM - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!


Dad - it seems that I'm going to be your only kid who majored in the health field?! Thanks for being open-minded, and not only letting me major in what I like (even if it doesn't relate to your field), but directing and assisting me in discovering the major I like...Mathematics was not my passion, but you didn't make a big fuss out of discovering this...Oh! And you've also received the news of your daughter not getting into an internship by giving her a big hug and telling her she did a good job...You always told me that you love me, whether or not I got matched to an internship program, and whether or not I've passed Finance...Thanks for showing me how proud you are of me, and for sending an email to your friends to let them know your daughter has graduated. I know you must be desperately waiting to see me go out and finish school in the U.S. You are amazing and a role model for all fathers.


Younger sister: Hey, you're two years younger than me, but I must say you're one of my role models - Go Beavers! Thanks for taking my chores when I had projects to submit and finals to prepare for. Thanks for bringing me the "MIT Sister" T-Shirt. You've made me feel like I'm very special - that means a lot to me.  Thanks for buying me the graduation dress, shawl, and bangles with money from your scholarship - That also means a lot to me. The dress - What can I say about it?! Sooo Cute, like you! I love it! Everyone said it works as an engagement dress too - What a fine taste you've got, Sis.  

Youngest sister: Sweetie – My roommate J Thanks to you too, for taking on my chores when I had projects to submit and finals to prepare for; AND for sneaking inside my room (when I had my own room, before Grandparents came over, and I had to move back with you and Sister) and CLEANING it when Mom would step inside and find it upside down, and yell at me for not cleaning it for a month – I always found you by my side Sister, when I really needed you in times like this…Thanks for all the funny IM messages and emails I’d find when I sign in. Thanks for praying really hard for me when I go to my proctor’s office to take my exams; Thanks for praying so hard for me so I would do well on my exams – I really needed your prayers. Thanks for really caring about my blog and commenting; thanks for correcting my numerous grammatical errors (oops!) – I always take those into consideration and go back and edit those posts, without telling you Thanks, or publishing your comments – sorry Sister…Thanks for going shopping with me, when no one was really interested in going with me, because I’m a very picky shopper…Thanks a lot Sister…Good luck on your SAT next week!

Brother: Cute little brother, and my only brother – You’re very special and precious: Can’t wait for your 14th birthday – Aaaaah!!! Special thanks for letting me use your one true love – your laptop for an entire half semester, when my computer started doing me “funny” things; I really appreciate that brother, and I know how tough those days must have been on you Bro…Thanks for being who you are!

P.S. Hey Brother, you really aren’t eating very well. Please, eat well. Also, please, convince Dad that you really need an email account now. I want to email you and chat with you like I do with sisters.

Grandparents: Thanks for accepting us like we are, even though we’re very different from our cousins; I know you love us a lot. Thanks for coming over and staying by my side during my last semester – I wouldn’t be better off without you by my side. Most importantly, thank you for all the Duaa’s/prayers you make for me when you go to Mecca and the encouragements I’ve been receiving from you. Granny: Thanks for making me the dishes I like (The spicy and sweet Asida, spicy & sweet Qursa, Rfisa, Cornbread, Corn cake, homemade cake donuts, Cookies, and Makrooth). Grandpa: you’re the one I used to come and sit with when I get bored from school. I’ve learned much more from the stories you tell me than from what I’ve learned in college! You have a good sense of humor. 

Aunti Umm Rami: Thank you thank you thank you very much for the encouragements I’ve been receiving from you since I was in high school. You used to bring me a present whenever I’m done with a semester! Thanks for being a wonderful neighbor. You and your family have been such a blessing to my family.   


Rami: Thanks for being my brother’s only brother. Remember when you used come downstairs whenever I’m done with a semester and ask if this is “the end of it?” Seems like you have been counting down with me, eh?…Thanks for being a cool brother, Rami. And thanks for the graduation gift I got from you! That was so sweet! I couldn’t throw away the box, ribbons and bag – so neat! Thanks!       


Josy: My best study buddy, friend, and big sister, whom I never met face to face. I was blessed to have known you for nearly five years now, and I’m sure our friendship will continue forever. I found you, when I had difficulties in school which even my parents couldn’t help with. Thanks for leaving warm and sweet IM messages, so I can read them before I go to take my exams. Thanks for the “BIG HUGS” you always send my way. I’m very lucky to have known you…You were very helpful, sweet and wonderful…

Special thanks to all my family in Tunisia, friends and all those who have cared about and asked about me, especially our friends in Jeddah.   


No comments:

Post a Comment